Monday, June 11, 2007

Redkudu: Sharing Resources

Dana asked:
Do you think the effectiveness of the grade graph is primarily due to the visualization of the bars, or more to having a record of each of their grades?


I think probably both, depending on the student. The visual record is certainly helpful. I know that there were times when I was in school when I was mystified about where my grade came from. I don't want my students to be mystified about anything having to do with my class.

I wanted to post this helpful site for anyone reading as well: Incompetech.com

This site allows you to generate your own graph paper to your specifics. They have an amazing amount of graph papers to choose from. If you know a math or science teacher, you might pass that on to them. Also, if you scroll down, you can generate storyboards as well, which I know somebody can find some clever use for. I'm looking for a way to use them when we study the poetry of the Harlem Renaissance. I'm not a huge fan of artsy projects, but this is a unit where I know students really are inspired to respond with many different forms of expression. Illustrating a poem or powerful passage from something we read, I think, will create some beautiful results.

No comments: